About Nibley Park
Nibley Park is a happy place for students who are taught by a remarkable group of educators. We believe that 100% of our students are entitled to receive excellent instruction every day and an equitable opportunity learn achieve, and be successful. Our staff is committed to the growth and development, both academically and socially, of our students. Please feel free to drop by and experience the Dolphin energy firsthand!
- Nibley Park is the only public K-8 school in Salt Lake City School District. This means we serve students from kindergarten through 8th grade. This model provides the ability to get to know each student very well and capitalize on student strengths while offering support for students to perform at a proficient level in all subjects.
- Excellence is a way of life at Nibley Park. “Every Student Matters, and Every Moment Counts."
- We have a robust tutoring program which, through working with community and local businesses, offers one-on-one help and support to students in both reading and math during the school day.
- During the 2013-2014 school year, Nibley Park received the “Top Performing Middle School Award” for the Salt Lake City School District.
- We retain a highly qualified teaching staff. All teachers at Nibley Park are state certified and qualified to work with children. Over half of the staff has an ESL endorsement.
- Nibley Park is a recipient of the Beverly Taylor Sorenson Art Grant and is a member of the ArtStream consortium. We place a high value on the integration of fine arts curriculum. The goal is for all students to receive instruction in fine arts.
- Our PTSA is fully functional and supportive of all our efforts. This includes supporting literacy nights, sponsoring an annual fund raiser, providing activities for parents/students, Field Day, and organizing the Annual Fun Run, Field Day.
- The SCC is fully invested in helping to ensure that funds from our Trustlands Plan meets the needs of our growing population.
- Our after school program is among the best and strongest in the district. Students can take advantage of tutoring and homework help, fine arts classes, Junior Jazz, music, drama, and other fine arts classes.
- Each year we receive requests from students living outside of our boundaries wishing to attend Nibley Park and experience what we offer. Come check it out for yourself!