2017-18 Time Line
- Prior to
November 30, 2017
- Board designates school's status of Open or Closed for Early Open Enrollment
- December 1, 2017 to
February 16, 2018
- Early Open Enrollment Applications accepted in Student Services Department (parents must come to District Office to apply).
- February 24, 2018
- School will receive list of applicants and application forms from Student Services Department.
- March 15, 2018
- Principals notify parents of currently enrolled students who will not be permitted continued enrollment for the coming year.
- March 31, 2018
- Deadline for principals to notify parents in writing of Early Open Enrollment Application status.
Schools may NOT develop "waiting lists" from Early Open Enrollment applications. Applications must be accepted or rejected by the March 31 deadline.
To complete the process, copies of approved/denied Early Open Enrollment applications need to be distributed as soon as possible to parents, sending/receiving schools and to Student Services.
Students whose applications are rejected during the Early Open Enrollment may reapply for a Late Enrollment after April 1 for the coming year.
You may refer to the Administrative Procedures for Policy S-1 for more information.